Mastermind groups are a terrific way to get new ideas, stay connected and grow your business. Napoleon Hill introduced the idea of mastermind groups in his or her book, Think and Grow Rich that has been first published in the 1930s. While the name, Mastermind, suggests extraordinary intelligence, the idea is really very easy and very powerful and provides for almost anyone to be part of a Mastermind group.
A Mastermind Group is really just a group of those that have a common purpose that meet often to share ideas, discuss challenges and encourage the other. However, the way in that the group operates is really only limited by the groups creativity. As long as the group is an agreement, anything is possible.
Before starting or getting started with a Mastermind Group, make sure you are prepared. There are billions of networking and business groups on the globe that rarely accomplish anything because the people involved lack the particular focus and drive to generate them work. No matter what friends is called or how it is built to operate, the people that makeup the group will ultimately decide how effective and productive it really is.
Here are 5 facts to consider before joining a Mastermind Class:
1. Participate. If you are not prepared actively participate in this group by sharing your opinions, challenges and encouragement, then don’t join your group. I personally have been in a number of groups where we could have ten people in this group but 99% in the conversation came from a few people. A Mastermind Group is different, all members must lead. If you don’t think you are able to, don’t join.
2. Trust is a key factor of a Mastermind Team. The members of the group have to be able to be able to trust which the details discussed in the meeting will stay with the members in the group. Violating this trust will probably end the group and really the your relationship with the members from the group.
3. How big will your own group be? I expect the typical size is 6 – 8 people but I also know that you have groups with much better member counts. Obviously if you are joining an active group this may previously be decided but you still need to be comfortable with the size from the group. If you are starting a bunch, be sure to identify how you want the group to use and size it consequently.
4. How often will anyone meet? While this will probably be one of the Group’s first decisions, not just yours, you need to understand what you are comfortable with. I personally like communities that meet weekly. Many people hear every week and immediately say likely too busy and lack the time. Well, here’s the thing, this Group is designed to add value to your online business, not just be one more thing that sucks up your time. If it adds value then you can’t afford not to perform it.
5. Invitation only. Remember this group is going to be productive and is likely to help your grow your company so you must be picky about how precisely is in it. You cannot allow someone inside the group just to be nice because likelihood is that person will only take in the group if not be a distraction. For the Mastermind Group to completely be effective, it must be centered and controlled. Unfortunately in today’s earth is seems difficult to exclude people but which is exactly what you want to do if you want your group to have success.
For more details do checkout at Chris Cardell